ACCREDITED RECYCLED AGGREGATE (RCA) SUPPLIERS
- Ley Choon Constructions and Engineering Pte Ltd
Validity: 8 Aug 2019 – 7 Aug 2020
Contact No.: 6757 0900
- Pan-United Concrete Pte Ltd
Validity: 17 Dec 2018 – 16 Dec 2019
Contact No.: 6581 0777
- Samgreen Pte Ltd
Validity: 1 Aug 2018 – 31 Jul 2019
Contact No.: 6296 7288
- Soon Yong Huat Construction Pte Ltd
Validity: 2 Mar 2019 – 1 Mar 2020
Contact No.: 6453 4387
For new application: S$3,400.
For renewal of accreditation: S$2,600.
In the event that an applicant firm failed to achieve accreditation, there will be no refund of the application fee.
Notes for Application of Accreditation Scheme:
- The applicant must be a WMRAS Ordinary member in order to apply for the accreditation scheme.
- The accreditation fee shall be payable by cheque at the point of application. Payment to be made by crossed cheque to “Waste Management and Recycling Association of Singapore”.
- Additional fees may be required if additional visits are required to verify the implementation before award of accreditation.
- The scheme is open only to waste processing companies with facilities located within Singapore.
- The criterion for assessment and qualification for Accreditation under the scheme will be subject to review and changes in accordance with Revised Standards and Specifications. Applicants are advised to check the website for updates from time to time for such updates and changes.
Click here for the application form.
The benefits of the scheme include:
- Accredited recyclers are recognised by the Authorities and construction industry;
- Greater user confidence and acceptance of product;
- Enhanced company image and improved marketability and competitiveness.
To find out more about the Accreditation Scheme for Recycled Aggregate Suppliers, application procedures and criteria, please contact WMRAS Secretariat (email@example.com).
Background of the Accreditation Scheme
The Accreditation Scheme for Recycled Aggregate Suppliers is an industry-led effort initiated by the Waste Management and Recycling Association of Singapore (WMRAS). The scheme is the result of joint efforts by WMRAS and Recycled Aggregate Suppliers, supported by the BCA-WMRAS Working Committee on Sustainable Construction.
The Recycled Aggregate industry is sometimes confronted with questions on the quality and performance of their recycled products due to a lack of accepted Specification and Standards; and a lack of understanding of the recycling processes involved by industry professionals.
The Scheme aims to improve the quality and consistency of recycled aggregates. Through the adoption of the testing standards specified in the BS EN12620, the objective is to increase confidence in the specification of recycled aggregates for use in concrete production.
This Scheme is managed by WMRAS as part of the effort to promote greater self-regulation by the industry. It also provides recognition to Waste Recyclers who are committed to quality, consistency and safety of the production plant and products. The accreditation criteria were jointly developed by the BCA-WMRAS Working Committee on Sustainable Construction comprising representatives from WMRAS, BCA, HDB, LTA, NEA, NParks, PUB, ACES, IES and SCAL.
The Scheme is open to construction and demolition waste recycling companies with facilities located within Singapore.
Accreditation Approving Committee
An Accreditation Approving Committee chaired by WMRAS and comprising of members from BCA, NEA and LTA will review and recommend the award of Accreditation status to applicants of the scheme.
Accreditation Grading and Process
The Scheme is open to the following:
- Recycling plants supplying recycled concrete aggregates meeting requirements of SS EN 12620: Specification for Aggregates for Concrete.
- The criteria and testing requirements were developed in line with the Standards and Specifications of SS EN 12620. Accredited recyclers will be capable of supplying recycled aggregates for use in non-structural concrete components and for structural usages subject to the approval and guidelines stipulated by the Authorities and Consultant.
- Waste Recyclers are assessed using the accreditation criteria during the accreditation audit, and the accreditation is valid for a period of one year. Subsequently, Recyclers will be assessed annually for compliance in order to retain the attained grading.
The accreditation criteria are based on the following areas:
- Company Financial Status
- Facilities & Equipment
- Human Resource
- Quality Management System & Documentation
- Quality Assurance Testing
1. Company Financial Status
1.1 Minimum NTA (Net Tangible Asset) investment of S$250,000.
1.2 Land Lease for a Minimal Period of 2 years throughout the Accredited duration with Landlord and/or NEA approved usage for Recycling Activities.
2. Facilities & Equipment
2.1 Production Crushing Facility*
2.2 Proper processing plant
2.3 Proper weighing facility (with calibration certificate)
2.4 Proper dispatch system for issuance of delivery records
2.5 Production Facility with Relevant Authority Approval or Support with regards to Pollution Control, Sewage Discharge and WSHA requirements.
2.6 Declaration of Waste Stockpile Limit Set by Landlord (Declaration only)
* crushing facility should be equipped with input, crushing, transfer, output and selective separation device
3. Human Resource
3.1 Qualified Full-Time Trained Personnel to be employed
3.2 Manager (At least with Diploma in any discipline)
3.3 Production Supervisors (Experienced / In House OJT* – On the Job Training Programme)
3.4 QC / QA Supervisors (Experienced / In House OJT* – On the Job Training Programme)
*OJT Programme to be submitted for auditing
4. Quality Assurance Testing
4.1 Company should have a Quality Assurance Testing Program for regular checking and periodic testing of end product by accredited laboratories
4.2 Level of impurities shall not be more than 5% and chemical composition of end product generated from plant shall comply with Authority Requirement (Test Report to be submitted for assessment)
4.3 End Product quality must Comply with SS EN 12620* and other relevant Codes/ Guidelines in accordance to Project requirements as imposed by authorities from time to time (Quarterly conduct of Prescribed Test, please refer to Specifications and details in Application Form)
4.4 Product shall be subject to periodic sampling tests by Authority
5. Quality Management System & Documentation
5.1 Company should have a Quality Management Plan for the management of incoming waste, processing and end-product, incorporating disposal and segregation of hazardous and non-recyclable material with proper documentation and tracking of quantities
5.2 Company should have a nominated personnel for the preparation and submission of documentation and relevant data to the Authorities on a monthly basis (consistency of submission shall be a criteria for subsequent renewal of certification)
ISO Certification will be implemented in the future.