Terms and Conditions For WSQ Course Registration
- Registration is confirmed only if training grants are submitted onto skills connect system (for SG / PR trainees) and payment is received within 14 days of registration and at least 10 working days before the course start date. WMRAS reserves the right to offer place(s) to other applicants if no payment is received by the stipulated deadline.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis and will close when class is full. A minimum of 6 trainees is needed to start a class.
- Please register via WMRAS’s website at www.wmras.org.sg or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 6443 6927.
- Please issue cheque payable to “Waste Management and Recycling Association of Singapore” and the invoice number written behind the cheque to WMRAS, 62 Ubi Road 1, #08-06, Oxley Bizhub 2, Singapore 408734. Please issue separate cheques for different course sessions.
Cancellation/ Change of Dates
- A request for change in training module e.g. from “Module 1: Collection of Waste” to “Module 2: Operate Waste Collection Vehicle” shall be deemed a cancellation request of the module originally registered for. The below cancellation charges shall apply.
- A written notice of cancellation shall be given at least 5 working days before the course start date in order to qualify for a 50% refund. No refund shall be given if notice given is less than 5 working days.
- A written notice of replacement shall be given at least 5 working days before the course start date, with the name and identification number of the replacement trainee. An administrative fee of S$50 is charged for each replacement. For a written notice of replacement given less than 5 working days before the course start date, an administrative fee of S$80 shall be charged.
- WMRAS reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to unforeseen circumstances. All course schedule, dates and venues shown on the WMRAS website are subject to final confirmation.
- All trainees shall be sufficiently covered under the Workmen’s Compensation insurance during the entire course of training and assessment, and at all applicable training venues.
Companies sending employees (Company- Sponsored)
- Government subsidies are available for Singaporeans/ Permanent Residents. In order to be eligible, please update the company’s profile via https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/applyforcompanyprofile.
- Please submit your training grants within 30 days before the course start. Upon receipt of your training grant submission, WMRAS will issue the invoice. In the event that the submission was not received by SSG via skills connect system, WMRAS will be eligible to receive the full course fees from the company.
- If the individual qualifies for funding under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme, please submit a copy of any of the following documents such as WTS notification letter or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) payout notification letter.
- For self-sponsored applicants, you may refer to here for details. Training allowance is also available.
- Applicant companies are to conform to the eligibility criteria for Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Grant as follows:
- Companies are registered or incorporated in Singapore;
- Trainees are employees who are either Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents;
- Trainees are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and sit for all relevant assessments;
- Trainees who have completed training and assessed to be competent will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) which can be generated electronically known as e-cert;
- Trainees must successfully obtain a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in order to be eligible for 100% of the claimable grant amount. In the event a trainee does not pass the assessment, the applicant company shall pay WMRAS the full course fee.
- In the event of no-show on assigned assessment dates and no prior arrangement with WMRAS to reschedule assessment within a month from the scheduled assessment date, the trainee shall be deemed “Not-Yet Competent” (NYC) and this will be reflected in the SSG SkillsConnect system. The applicant company shall pay WMRAS the full course fees.